Hand & Body Lotion
Sets & Gifts
Sets & Gifts
Sets & Gifts
Shop By Sensitivity
Farm To Face
10 Unique Uses of Essential Oils
August 21, 2017
Essential oils have been staples in
since ancient times, so it’s no surprise that their benefits, when added to modern day regimens, are all the rage. They’re all unique, have different qualities to offer and are incredibly versatile.
They work well in many home remedies and DIY concoctions, and, they’re all natural, so you can feel good about using them, (just like you can feel great about using Nurture My Body’s
organic skincare products
.) Here are some essential oil uses that may just surprise you...
1. CLEAR SKIN
Because of the many essential oils that possess antibacterial properties, they can often aid in healing acne. Oils like tea tree and lavender are two that beauty experts swear by.
2. SMELL-GOOD LAUNDRY
- Add a few drops of a nice-smelling essential oil to a load of laundry before washing to naturally add a pleasant, chemical free scent.
3. FLAVOR WATER
- Want to spice up your water without buying and slicing lemon after lemon? Flavor water with lemon oil for a citrusy take on hydration.
4. ELIMINATE ODORS
- The garbage bin can take on some seriously foul odors. Add a few drops of your favorite scented essential oil to a cotton ball or two and place at bottom of trash can to freshen and eliminate those yucky odors.
5. MIX A NATURAL BUG SPRAY
- Combine one drop each of lemongrass oil, citronella oil and eucalyptus oil with one teaspoon of coconut oil to make a natural bug spray
and rub on exposed skin to keep mosquitos away. (Don’t believe me? Some of the safest, natural and
biodegradable bug spray
on the market uses the exact same ingredients!)
6. WASH PRODUCE
- Grapefruit seed oil has antibacterial and antimicrobial qualities, so it’s ideal to use when cleaning produce from the grocery store. Add a few drops to the full sink and wash all produce at once.
7. FRESHEN SHOES
- Your gym sneakers or your kids’ athletic cleats can become quite smelly overtime. Wake them up and freshen them with a few drops of lemon oil or other pleasant-smelling essential oil.
- Reduce stress and anxiety by diffusing lavender and spraying around your entire home.
9. CLEAN WOUNDS
- Use tea tree oil to clean cuts, wounds and scrapes, as it has some serious antibacterial properties.
10. REMOVE GUM
- And lastly, here’s one for all the parents, nannies and babysitters out there! Use a couple drops of lemon oil to get chewing gum out of hair. You’re welcome.
Also in NMB Blog
EXFOLIATING AND YOUR SKIN
January 07, 2021
THE BENEFITS OF HYDRATION FOR HEALTHY-LOOKING SKIN
January 04, 2021
How to Ripen Avocados Quickly, and How to Keep them Ripe
September 22, 2020